The NHS across mid and south Essex is committed to ensuring that local healthcare services meet the needs of the community now and in the future
The ICB is holding a public consultation and inviting local people to give their views on potential changes to:
- the locations where they provide some of their inpatient services for community hospital intermediate care and stroke rehabilitation, and freestanding midwife-led birthing services; and
- the possibility of moving all other patient services at St Peter’s Hospital, Maldon to other locations, mostly in and around Maldon.
The consultation will run from 25 January to 21 March 2024.
The ICB want to hear from as many people as possible. It is vital that you let them know of any concerns you might have and whether or not you support the proposal.
The proposals have been developed by local clinical leaders and other health experts. They have taken into consideration a number of factors to ensure they improve healthcare services in the area.
The ICB have also developed a range of documents to help people understand the proposals which are available on this website.
Over the next eight weeks, people can get involved by:
- Completing a survey
- Joining one of eight planned discussion groups being held across the region - in Maldon, Basildon, Chelmsford, Southend, Thurrock and Burnham on Crouch.
- Joining one of six online discussion sessions.
- Joining a public consultation hearing that we’re holding in Maldon. This is a formal event, and people will need to submit their questions in advance.
- Joining a session being run by a voluntary sector organisation. These sessions are for people that might find it difficult to attend one of the other public events, and/or for people that need extra support to understand the proposals and share their views.
- Talking to the ICB through social media channels or at a drop-in event.
- Emailing at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phoning at: 01268 594350
- Writing to at: FAO: Community Capacity Consultation NHS Mid and South Essex ICB, PO Box 6483, Basildon, SS14 0UG
All information about how to get involved and register for all the events is available on this website.
At the end of the consultation period, all feedback will be collated and independently analysed. A draft report of the findings will be published so people can see what has been said during the consultation.
If you need a printed copy of this survey or need help in completing the survey please contact the ICB, see below.
You can also request any of the supporting documents in another language or another format such as large print or audio.
Call: 01268 594350