Service lead: Jan Minter, head of community and crisis care
Tel: 01277 695137
Mobile: 07949 024889
(Please do not email patient identifiable information to this address.)
Patients can self-refer to the service.
Criteria: Patients attending with minor injuries
- head injuries (where Glasgow Coma Scale is less than 15 and there has been any history of any loss of conscious, or there is alcohol or drug-related history to the incident)
- possible fractures of shoulder and below, and knee and below if under seven years of age
- minor burns and scalds (more than 2%), and where airway/inhalation burns cannot be excluded
- wounds with glass/metal/foreign body in child under 7
- wounds with glass/metal/foreign body which presents outside x-ray hours
- wounds with arterial bleed
All other presentations of patients with minor injuries may be accepted for initial assessment and onward management and or referral.