Havering health visiting
The health visiting service provides a public health service to children, young people and their families with a focus on early intervention and prevention, as well as promoting physical and social wellbeing. We work with local communities, the whole family, and individual children in different settings e.g. homes, children's centres, schools and GP surgeries.
Health visitors work closely with other health services to ensure that children's health needs are met, and work with other non-health services to ensure that each and every child and young person lives in a safe environment. We help support the health and wellbeing of your whole family, from antenatal visits up until your child goes to school.
We offer support and advice on the following:
- breastfeeding, weaning and healthy eating
- bonding and attachment with your child
- parenting skills
- childhood immunisation programme
- development reviews for your child to ensure that your child is reaching their full potential
- postnatal depression
- domestic and child abuse
- medical issues, child or family
- children with additional needs e.g. speech and language difficulties
We work in partnership with our local children and family centres to offer all children in our Borough the best start to life: https://familyserviceshub.havering.gov.uk/kb5/havering/directory/family.page?familychannel=8