The diabetes service provides support for healthcare professionals and people over the age of 17 living with type one and type two diabetes.
The service provides:
- evidence-based specialist assessments
- care planning
- clinical management advice to patients and carers
- structured and specialist self management education courses for patients, families and carers
- training for healthcare professionals to update their knowledge and skills
- act as a consultative service for all healthcare professionals caring for patients with diabetes
The team also co-ordinates specialist support services such as nutrition, foot care and signposts to retinal screening for house bound patients and patients with learning difficulties.
Contact our service in Redbridge
Redbridge Diabetes Centre
Tel: 0300 300 1826
Opening times: Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm (excluding bank holidays)
All forms must be sent via email (fax forms are no longer accepted).
Type 2 diabetes group education
Unfortunately, due to the Covid-19 outbreak, we have had to temporarily postpone the groups.
For online support, please visit Diabetes UK's learning hub, ' Type 2 Diabetes and Me ', for help and information.
Type 2 Diabetes: What to do when you are ill
Hypoglycaemia (Low blood Glucose level)
Type 1 Diabetes – Sick Day management
Type 1 Diabetes for further information: http://www.dafne.uk.com/
Home Exercise Plans
Insulin Injection Technique