Waltham Forest psychological services provide psychological assessment and therapy for adults aged 18 and over. People experiencing mild to moderate depression and anxiety are seen in our Talking Therapies services.
For people requiring multi-disciplinary assessment and input, psychological therapies are accessed via secondary care mental health services.
- People with a first experience of psychosis under the age of 34 years can access psychological help through the early intervention in psychosis service.
- People with a longer duration of psychosis or non-psychotic problems can access psychological services through referral to the Talking Therapies service.
- People under the care of community mental health teams, substance misuse teams or acute mental health services can be referred directly to psychological therapies.
We offer a range of services, including:
- specialist psychological treatments for people with a diagnosis of psychosis – cognitive behavioural approaches and family support.
- cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) for bi-polar disorder, complex trauma, complex anxiety and treatment resistant depression, including group treatments.
- offer psychodynamic therapy (both individual and group) and a specialist service for the psychological treatment of refugees with mental health problems.
- psychological assessments such as specialist assessment for autistic spectrum disorder and neuropsychological disorders
Treatment models and lengths are led by the relevant NICE guidance for service users in secondary care.
Contact our service in Waltham Forest
Chingford Health Centre
109 York Road
Tel: 0300 555 1267
Opening times: 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday;
For our psychological therapies service, you have to be referred by a health professional.