Secondary school/Further education/Higher education
In our secondary schools we provide support in several ways.
- We offer one-to-one support directly to students who may be experiencing mild to moderate difficulties with anxiety or low mood.
- We offer workshops and assemblies to pupils to help develop their understanding on emotional wellbeing.
- We also offer universal groups for whole classes, and targeted groups for a smaller number of pupils to attend with a focused aim, which run for 6 weeks. The groups will provide children with practical strategies on a particular topic, for example, building self-esteem and managing/overcoming anxiety.
- We also provide support to staff at schools through training and drop in sessions with the team.
How to get support
If you attend one of our secondary schools and you would like to be referred to us then please speak to either your head of year or the MHST school link lead.
“The Barking and Dagenham MHST started their pilot service here at JRCS and we have been exceptionally grateful ever since they started.
The open and holistic approach taken by the team allowed us to tailor the service to the needs of our school which is a vital element of excellent mental health support.’’
- Olivia Draisey, Senior Mental Health & Wellbeing Lead, Jo Richardson Community School.