How to get in touch and refer
A young person living in Southend, Essex and Thurrock can access SET CAMHS services in two different ways:
- By a referral to our services via their GP, teacher, school nurse or any other professional
- By self-referral – which means parents or young people can call our central phone number for all of our services or use the online referral form and get the help and advice that they need straight away.
Any young person, concerned parent, care giver or a responsible adult of a young person can access the SET CAMHS by either making an appointment to see their young person’s GP with them, or accessing our services for information by calling the central SET CAMHS phone number 0800 953 0222 and speaking to someone from the SET CAMHS team of healthcare professionals.
We have made it as easy as possible to contact our SET CAMHS.
Call 0800 953 0222 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday to be put through to our Single Point of Access (SPA) team and seven locality teams across Southend, Essex and Thurrock
- For all general enquiries, please call 0800 953 0222
- For all referral emails, please email: SET-CAMHS.email@example.com
- For out of hours and weekend Crisis Support Service, please call NELFT Mental Heatlh Direct on 0800 995 1000 to be put through to immediate crisis support help
How does the process work?
- Referrers seeking advice will be contacted within 24 hours of the initial request
- Referrals to the Single Point of Access (SPA) team will be reviewed daily, screened within two working days and responded to once allocated to the locality team
- All referrals will be prioritised according to the presenting clinical need and level of risk
- All assessments aim to take place within 18 weeks
- All consultant and non-consultant led treatment aims to start within 18 weeks of the referral.