What we do
NHS libraries provide resources and services in support of a range of activities including:
- clinical governance
- continuing professional development (CPD)
- education and training
- evidence based practice (EBP)
All NELFT staff and students on placement are entitled to use Aubrey Keep Library and Basildon Healthcare Library and to make use of the electronic resources we provide.
- Document supply - we can order copies of books and articles from other libraries
- Evidence searching - we can carry out searches for you, using healthcare databases and / or high quality internet resources as appropriate. Click here to request a search.
- Postal loans – we can post books out to your site
- Ebooks on Demand [NELFT staff only] – access our library of ebooks with your OpenAthens username and password
- Training - we can provide training to help you use your NHS OpenAthens resources, find good evidence or do critical appraisal
- Current awareness – we can send you journal electronic tables of contents (e-TOCs) and set up search alerts to help you keep up to date.
KnowledgeShare is a targeted current awareness service used by NELFT’s Aubrey Keep Library. We create your KnowledgeShare profile to be as broad or as specific as you need. Sign up to KnowledgeShare here.