Library and knowledge services
Aubrey Keep Library provides library and knowledge services to NELFT staff, and staff of other subscribing organisations. Download the Library & Knowledge Service leaflet here: NELFT LKS leaflet November 2021.pdf [pdf] 316KB.
Aubrey Keep Library supports the provision of high quality, innovative, health, and social care services in the local health economy by enabling access to the best available evidence and empowering health and social care staff to develop their evidence-based practice skills.
NELFT staff don’t need to visit a Library in person to make use of the resources and services available. Many resources are available electronically. Library staff will provide information and assistance by phone or email wherever possible. Please contact us if you need help.
Portacabin next to Home Treatment Team Services, Goodmayes Hospital, Barley Lane, Ilford IG3 8XJ
Opening hours: Monday to Thursday, 10am to 4pm
- Tel: 0300 555 1200 ext. 64504
- Fax: 0300 555 1028 (internal ext. 51220)
Services for staff in Essex
NELFT staff based in Essex can also access some library facilities (including study space) and services (including book loans) from our colleagues at the following Essex NHS libraries. Please note you will be referred to Aubrey Keep Library for access to some resources and services:
- Basildon healthcare library, Basildon Hospital
- Education Centre Library, Southend Hospital
- Harlow Healthcare Library, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Harlow
- Colchester Healthcare Library, Colchester Hospital
- Warner Library, Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford
Services for staff in Kent
NELFT staff based in Kent can also access some library facilities (including study space) and services (including book loans) from our colleagues at the following Kent NHS libraries. Please note you will be referred to Aubrey Keep Library for access to some resources and services:
- East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust Library & Knowledge Services at Ashford, Canterbury and Margate
- Dartford and Gravesham NHS Trust's professional library, Dartford
- Medway NHS Foundation Trust Library & Knowledge Service, Gillingham
- Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust Library & Knowledge Services, Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells
Print and electronic resources
Aubrey Keep Library has about 3000 print books. We welcome suggestions for purchase, so if you know of a great book you think we should have in stock, please contact us.
We also offer access and training for electronic resources such as Clinical Key, BMJ Best Practice, Dynamed Plus, MedicinesComplete, online journals and books and resources you can use for your CPD or CME. Please see our Information Resources page for a complete overview of the resources available to you. Search the NELFT Library and Knowledge Service catalogue here: NELFT Library and Knowledge Service catalogue.
You will need an NHS OpenAthens account to access most of our electronic resources. Staff can register for an OpenAthens account here: OpenAthens
If you have an OpenAthens account but have forgotten your OpenAthens username and/or password, there is an option on this page to reset your password.
Once you have registered, use the OpenAthens hub to log into the electronic resources. To read our ebooks, please use the library catalogue.
You can access your OpenAthen protected resources here: OpenAthens protected resources
Aubrey Keep Library offers a range of services to help staff find, access and use information. Please see our services page for a complete overview of document supply, evidence searching and current awareness services, and the information skills training page for an overview of the types of training we provide and a schedule.
Aubrey Keep Library offers the following facilities:
- free wifi (wireless internet)
- 8 PCs with access to the internet & RIO
- colour photocopier / printer / scanner (for self-service use, charges may apply)
- quiet study room
- meeting / group study room (available for bookings)