Maternity and gynaecology psychology service
What we do
We offer psychological treatment for patients who are referred for:
- Bereavement in relation to losing their baby
- Complex birth experiences
- Trauma related to previous birth experiences
- Fertility difficulties
- Foetal medicine
- Phobias around childbirth or gynaecological examinations
- Gynaecological conditions such as endometriosis and other gynaecological conditions that cause distress and pain
Watch Margreet Hendriks (Highly Specialist Psychologist) speak about the psychological impact of Endometriosis for the charity Endometriosis UK in the video below:
We take referrals from the maternity & gynaecology service of Barking, Havering and Redbridge University NHS Trust’s (BHRUT). We work across King George and Queen’s Hospital and in a community health centre setting.
How to contact us
Opening times: Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm
Psychology service leads:
Margreet Hendriks, Highly Specialist Psychologist
Licia Deplano, Highly Specialist Psychologist
Where the service is based
We work across different hospital sites; King George Hospital and Queen's Hospital and offer community based sessions.
"Very happy to meet Margreet, she was very supportive and good to me. It was a great experience for me, the sessions made me feel safe, better and happier."