What we do
The Health Visiting Team offer support, information and advice to all parents with children within the Thurrock area from the antenatal stage (pre-birth) to the age of 5 years old.
We can help advise parents on:
- Baby's and children's growth and development
- Breastfeeding, bottle feeding and introduction to solid foods
- Postnatal depression and mum's and dad's mental and physical health
- Behaviour issues - sleeping, eating, toilet training, tantrums etc
- Support with parenting
- Family health and relationships
- Support with your child’s long-term health conditions
- Health promotion
- Community health and development
- Onward referral and signposting to specialist services to further support your child or family.
Health Visiting Team
The health visiting team comprises of:
- Health Visitors,
- Community Staff Nurses,
- Community Nursery Nurses,
- Community Support Workers
- Single Point of Access (SPA) Administators.
If you would like to speak to a member of our team, please call us on 0300 3001999, or click below for our Baby Weighing Drop-in Clinics venues and times.
Baby Weigh In Drop-in Clinics venues and times.pdf [pdf] 213KB
We offer the following contacts to all children and their parents:
- Antenatal contact
- New birth visit – 10-14 days old
- 6-8 week visit
- 3-4 month contact
- 8 months to 1 year developmental assessment
- Between 2 – 2 ½ year developmental assessment
Click the Resources circle below to find relevant information and links for each contact and other information that you might find useful.
Grays Health Centre
South Ockendon Health Centre
Tilbury Health Centre
Corringham Integrated Medical & Wellbeing Centre (IMWC)
105 The Sorrells
Stanford Le Hope