LKS serves NELFT staff, students on placement and staff of other subscribing organisations.
LKS staff will provide information and assistance by phone or email wherever possible. Please contact us if you need help.
- Tel: 0300 555 1200 ext. 64504
- Twitter @nelft_library
You will need an NHS OpenAthens account to access most of our electronic resources.
Staff can register for an OpenAthens account here: NHS OpenAthens registration
If you have an OpenAthens account but have forgotten your OpenAthens username and/or password, you can reset your password here: reset OpenAthens password
Once you have registered, use the OpenAthens hub to log into the electronic resources.
Please see our resources page for a complete overview of the resources available to you.
We offer training for OpenAthens electronic resources such as the Knowledge and Library Hub, Clinical Key, BMJ Best Practice, Dynamed Plus, MedicinesComplete, online journals and books and resources you can use for your CPD or CME. Please see our training page for information on training.
NELFT’s main Library at CEME has about 3000 print books. You can search our print and ebooks here: NELFT Library catalogue
We welcome suggestions for purchase, so if you know of a great book you think we should have in stock, please contact us.
NELFT LKS Team offer a range of services to help you find, access and use information. Please see our services page for an overview of document supply, evidence searching and current awareness services, and the training page for information on training.
Mezzanine Floor, CEME Centre – West Wing, Marsh Way, Rainham RM13 8GQ
Opening hours: Monday – Friday, 9am to 4.45pm
Thorpe Coombe Library, Jane Atkinson Centre
Thorpe Coombe Library, is our new and developing satellite library in the Jane Atkinson Centre: 2nd floor next to the kitchen, Jane Atkinson Health and Wellbeing Centre, 714 Forest Road, London, E17 3HP.
Opening hours: Monday-Friday, 9am 5pm. This library is open and available for self-service book loans and access to PCs and study space when the main building is open.
Please note that this library is currently only staffed on a part time basis. Usually Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays but this may be subject to change.
NELFT’s main Library at CEME offers the following facilities:
- free wifi (wireless internet)
- 3 PCs with access to the internet & RIO
- 3 agile docking stations
- colour photocopier / printer / scanner (for self-service use)
- quiet study room
- informal seating
- group study area with widescreen TV
Services for staff in Essex
NELFT staff based in Essex can also access some library facilities (including study space) and services (including book loans) from our colleagues at the following Essex NHS libraries. Please note you will be referred to NELFT LKS for some resources and services including OpenAthens accounts:
- Basildon healthcare library, in the Education Centre, Basildon Hospital
- Education Centre Library, in the Education Centre, Southend Hospital
- Harlow Healthcare Library, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Harlow
- Colchester Healthcare Library, Colchester Hospital
- Warner Library, behind the Medical Academic Unit, Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford
Services for staff in Kent
NELFT staff based in Kent can also access some library facilities (including study space) and services (including book loans) from our colleagues at the following Kent NHS libraries. Please note you will be referred to NELFT LKS for some resources and services including OpenAthens accounts:
- East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust Library & Knowledge Services at Ashford, Canterbury and Margate
- Darent Valley Hospital Library, Philip Farrant Education Centre, Darent Valley Hospital, Dartford
- Medway Knowledge & Library Services, Education Centre, Medway Maritime Hospital, Gillingham
- Maidstone Hospital Library, in the Academic Centre, Maidstone Hospital
- Tunbridge Wells Hospital Library, in the Education and training Centre, Tunbridge Wells Hospital